Friday, October 26, 2012

Isn't It Ironic? A New Meme For Feminists

     Thanks Alanis Morissette, "It's a free ride when you've already paid". Well put. I have to say, it figures, because there's some irony brewing in this story -

    I type this as I listen to the song Ironic. Bad joke?

    OK. My blog now has 1,770+ hits thanks to my last blog/rant titled "Do I Look Fat In This?". How is this possible? Is feminism just so relevant that people around the world google radical feminist blogs? I would like to think so, but I doubt that's the truth. This specific blog entry is successful due to three key words: MILEY. CYRUS. FAT. Isn't it ironic? 

    Vain, celebrity-obsessed  people in desperate need of a feminist rant about why I don't always shave my legs, stumbled upon this blog by searching those 3 words of delicious body observation : MILEY CYRUS FAT. Count 'em, 1, 2, 3....hundreds of people typed those words in the google search engine, and was redirected via images and tags, to my lonesome, @ news ridiculed, radical feminist blog. I know this because my blogspot knows what website you came from. Perhaps they even read some of my radical ideas? Maybe they threw out their lipstick and went to work with their real face - GASP! Maybe they thought for a moment, "Hey your right, I'm a woman, but I'm not a sex object, I have a mind too, ya know!!" Then, upon coming to that realization blasted some Bikini Kill in their work office. 

"Revolution Grrrrrl Style Now!!" and the whole office would shake. Just try and fire me. 


    Of course this isn't so, they accidentally wound up in the midst of a cyber hole of feminist opinion, that they probably thought didn't exist. That's awesome. So I propose the most radical action to date: every post from now on will have the tags MILEY CYRUS FAT, as a way to lure the people who need feminism, as opposed to those of you reading this that actually read physical books. You already know how messed up society is and how your boyfriends talks over you, and that you never get the job promotion. Now let's fight back, by typing those three silly word MILEY CYRUS FAT on all radical feminist blogs/things you want out there to mainstream people. Type it and they will come. Ironic? This is the new feminist internet meme.

No comments:

Post a Comment